hours in length including 4 hours classroom and 9 hours behind the wheel. This course prepares new drivers for the real world. Not only driving from point "A" to point "B", but everything that may happen in between. We teach skills that prepare new drivers to survive on the road. These active driving skills that could someday save their lives.
4 hour Classroom / Permit Test
The class is held primarily on the weekends at the SanTan Village Mall on a need to basis. This course covers all the material in the MVD Drivers Manual. The law when driving on the roads. Signs, Signals and Markings that driver's must understand. Introduction into the Theory of Vehicle Dynamics, technologies and the responsibilities of driving a motor vehicle today. This session concludes with a written test and review, going over questions preparing students for the MVD test (Students are now required to do all tests at the MVD office).
9 hours of behind the wheel of a car, not a simulator.
The nine hours of driving is divided into four sessions.
Course Price: $590.00
- The first session is two hours in length, focusing on assesing the students skills and abilities of driving a motor vehicle; (starting with the basics) Parents are encouraged to ride along.
- The second session is another two hour driving session progressing the students into more challenging roadways.
- The third session is our three hour Car Control Course. You will be using your own vehicle for this session. This way you will be practicing the parking maneuvers required for the MVD test in your own vehicle along with learning it's maneuverability in defensive driving situations. (teaching Car Control Techniques).
- The fourth and final session is two hours in length refining the skills and techniques they have learned while exposing them to different environments, like Downtown Phoenix or Sky Harbor Airport, preparing the students for the MVD's road test. (Students are now required to take the the road test at the MVD office.)
- Students will also be evaluated and graded from our instructor on this final session.
This course meets the requirements for insurance carriers that offer dicounts for drivers ed, creating additional discounts towards your insurance premiums. Speak to your agent for exact details or availability.